The Liebster Award nomination
Bloggers Lindsey and Ash, from Mundo Trundle, where so kind to nominate my blog for The Liebster Award. It is my first blog award nomination and I would like to thank both of them very much for providing it to me. It is an honor 🙂
What is the Liebster Award?
Bloggers can nominate new blogs for the The Liebster Award. The purpose of the award is to promote the websites of those bloggers and learn more about them. Although I do not really qualify as a newbie, I still feel very exited about receiving The Liebster Award 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and include a link to his or her blog.
- Provide answers to the eleven questions from that person.
- Give nominations to other bloggers, who have less than 500 Twitter followers.
- Ask them eleven new questions.
- Let them know about their nominations, so that they can proceed with the award process.
These are my answers to the questions from Ash and Lindsey:
1. Did you ever visit a country you didn’t like?
No. I never completely dislike a country. There where certain aspects about some destinations that I did not particularly like, but so far there where always other aspects which I enjoyed. Also, good travel companions can make any trip worthwhile.
2. Do you prefer to travel when it is hot and sunny or cold and snowy?
In general I like warm countries. However, now that I am living in Thailand I often miss the rain, changing seasons and snow. For me, the ideal travel situation is a moderate climate.
3. What’s your best travel memory so far (if you can pick just one!)?
That is a difficult question. Over the years I have gathered so many amazing memories. One memorable experience was the road trip I did with my dad in New Zealand. A truly beautiful country. There I had the privilege to jump out of an airplane on a super bright day. An unbelievable adventure, and I am proud that I could experience it.
4. What’s your biggest travel regret?
I do not have many regrets when it comes to traveling, besides from the fact that I did not travel more. However, I can solve that problem in the future. I made many mistakes during my travels, but I learned from all of them. It made me a more experienced traveler and human. So I see my mistakes as blessings.
5. Do you prefer long overland journeys or quick flights? Why?
It depends on the reason why I am traveling. Recently I prefer quick flights, but in the future I would also like to focus on slow and long travel over land. I would like to make some long train journeys for example.
6. What’s your creature comfort when you travel?
Water. Can’t go anywhere without it 🙂 Ah and good walking shoes. I love to walk around a lot and get lost. So the shoes that I am wearing are very important factors for my well being.
7. What’s your first travel memory?
When I was young, me and my family always went camping in France. I miss those times.
8. Have you ever taken a course abroad?
I have followed a diving course in Ko Tao (Thailand) and a first aid instructors course in Bangkok (Thailand).
9. Where are you right now?
At the moment I am in Thailand. Me and my partner Dianna live in an apartment in Bangkok.
10. What do you miss most about home?
My friends and my family. It would be great to see them again and spend time with them. 11. Where are you headed next?
We will most likely move to a Greek island next year. I am really looking forward to that. Greece is a beautiful country with a lot of history.
- Ultimate Aberration: The blog of stand up comedian Vinay Menon. I choose his blog because Vinay is a great guy, who writes in a very unique and humorous way. I really like his articles and his writing style.
- Josh Voydik: I met Josh a while ago, when he couchsurfed at my place with his friend Casey. I like the way he looks at live and how he describes his thoughts. I hope he will write more articles 😉
- ‘Livin’ Pura Vida: I got interested in Christina’s blog after reading her comprehensive post about New Zealand. We both skydived at NZone. I also speak highly of them 🙂 Cristina seems like a very adventurous person and her blog posts are fun to read. She has a bit more then 500 followers, but I guess I can also break the rules a little bit.
- Travel Tip Girl: Laura also has a bit more followers then 500 but I would still like to nominate her, because I enjoy her writing style. She is a new blogger who deserves this nomination. I hope she will continue blogging in her own unique way.
- Worldly View: Brenden Palmer provides useful travel information in his posts. He writes about subjects like: how to do laundry when traveling or how to find cheap flights anywhere in the world. I like to read more of this blogger. A nomination is at its place.
My questions to them:
1. Which travel destination would you recommend to others?
2. What is the most crazy thing you ever did on your travels?
3. What scares you the most about traveling?
4. What motivates you to travel?
5. Which country do you want to live in, if you can choose?
6. Who is the most inspiring person you ever met during your travels, and why?
7. What was the most valuable lesson you have learned during your travels?
8. What is the strangest destination you ever visited?
9. What is your favorite language and why?
10. Who is your favorite travel companion and why?
11. If you had a million dollar travel budget, where would you go?
I am exited to read all your answers 🙂
Did you find this information helpful? If you did, consider donating safely with PayPal to support this website.